Sunday, October 7, 2007

Korea Trip

I just got back from Korea and I have to say trying to put the trip into words doesn't Korea justice. The sights were amazing, the people enjoyable, and OMG . . . there was clean air. No smog, no acid rain just pure, unadulterated air the way it was meant to be. As you can tell after living in the chimney that is China I've come to miss the good air quality back in Michigan. I've only been here for about a month and I think the pollution has taken 3 years off my life. Also Koreans seem use to seeing foreigners because I traveled with my Big-ass, loud-mouth, white friend and no one really seems to shocked when they saw him. In China everyone flocks to him like he's bloody Jesus Christ.

But enough about my complaints with China. Korea has to be one of the most technologically advance countries I've visited, it makes us look like we're in the Stone Age. Everyone has some kind of device they are walking around with, the bathrooms all have flat-screen TVs, and even the bums are sporting tech gear. Probably the coolest thing the Koreans have is the portable satellite TV. They're about the size of a cell phone and you can get TV signals anywhere. So you can watch the news, a talk show, or a soccer game on the subway. One Korean told me the new thing is for people to do a lot of their money transactions using their cell phones. The idea kind of freaks me out a little but its kind of cool that you can pay all your bills on a phone.

My favorite place I visited was Mt. Seoraksan, one of the tallest mountains in Korea. The town that was located by the mountain came straight out of a novel. Everything there was so natural and undisturbed. We climbed up one of the peaks and the view was to die for. I honestly could have spent another week in Korea because its such a beautiful Country. Defiantly worth another visit.

No comments: