Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Beginnings of Something New

My trip from the State to Shanghai took twenty four hours but i had made it. I had finally made it to my destination and was ready to introduce myself to the World. When i sept off the plane everything excited me: the sight (the vast emptiness of flat land surrounding Pudong International), the sounds (angry Chinese workers yelling at me), the smells (either rotting sewage or the saturation of sulfur in the atmosphere) and even the weather (hotter than anywhere else on Earth with 148% humidity but a little cooler than freakin' sun). Lets just say the honeymoon ended a lot sooner than expected. I attribute my extreme culture shock to the fact that I've never left the State and I've been sheltered more than the Bubble Boy. But this could also be a conspiracy started by God to try and steal my awesomeness away . . . hmmmm I'll have to give the big man a call and see if he's got some kind of beef against me.

But anyways its been exactly two weeks since I've arrived and my experience here has more or less evened out. There some good thing, like the people, the culture, and the job and there are some bad things, like the people, the culture, and the job. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you always try to figure out the situation you're in you'll only end up making yourself miserable. SO I thing I'll go have a beer and enjoy myself right now :-)

No comments: